Working with the Kent Downs Geopark
The Kent Downs National Landscape is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty for its special qualities and distinctiveness. The far-reaching views, network of tiny lanes, churches and oasts, orchards, vineyards and agricultural landscapes, dramatic cliffs, ancient woodlands and delicate chalk grassland along with the ancient, remote and tranquil qualities, make it a unique and unmissable tourism destination.
We are an aspiring UNESCO Geopark – due to the internationally significant geology and geodiversity stretching across the channel. This brings with it unrivalled opportunities in sustainable tourism for your business.
This landscape welcomes 20 million visitors per year and the visitor economy is an important part of the local economy. To ensure we protect what is special about the landscape we support sustainable tourism activity. Encouraging visitors to fully explore everything the Kent Downs has to offer all year round – its heritage and culture, wildlife and habitats, food and drink – and supporting environmentally responsible tourism development which brings benefits for nature and the environment, communities, and businesses.
By working together we can develop an outstanding international sustainable tourism destination, and encourage our visitors – whether local, or from afar – to respect, protect and enjoy this landscape.
How you can work with us and make the most of your connection with the landscape:
Become part of our business community
If your business is located in the Kent Downs National Landscape, you love your landscape, and want to share this with your visitors you can become part of the Kent Downs Sustainable Business network.
Benefits for you are:
- Be included in our new Visit and Explore section of the website, marketing campaigns and other promotional opportunities where possible.
- It sends a message to your customers you support the Kent Downs landscape, and you share the respect, protect and enjoy values that keep the Kent Downs beautiful.
- Reach a significant and growing number of audiences seeking authenticity and sustainability through our collective Kent Downs Geopark visitor offer.
- Become part of a growing community of sustainable tourism businesses, with networking, partnership and peer learning opportunities
- Access to resources and advice to help you develop sustainable tourism experiences and activities
- Use of toolkits, assets and images of the Kent Downs Geopark and North Downs Way to help you embed the stories of the landscape with your business.
- Be part of a sustainable tourism destination working with other partners including Visit Kent to highlight the tourism and visitor potential of the Kent Downs national landscape within the broader Kent and South East.
- Note: if your business is within 5km of the North Downs Way you can upload your information directly onto their website.
Find out how to join our business community, through Landscape Promise or Supporter Business.