Crundale Bridge, Capel-le-Ferne to Lyminge
- Long wooded ridges.
- Dry valleys with open valley bottoms.
- Extensive coppice and conifer woodlands.
- Coastal downs.
- Thick shaws or overgrown hedges on the valleysides.
- Narrow uncultivated banks or ‘shaws’.
- Tiny remote settlements incorporating traditional building materials (flint, brick and tile).
- Large arable fields on ridge-top plateaux.
- Maze of sunken one-track lanes.
- Scattered military remains, e.g. pill boxes and gun emplacements.
Overall Landscape Character Objectives
- To maintain the existing woodland cover, increasing the proportion of deciduous woodlands and to restore the hedgerow network.
- To maintain the remote, undeveloped qualities of the valleys.
- To conserve and enhance the wild character and vegetation of the cliff tops.