Value of EU Grant – €279,660
Name of funding programme – Interreg 5A 2 Seas Programme
Start and end dates – September 2016 to August 2020
Triple C (Climate resilient Community-based Catchment planning and management) is funded by the European Regional Development fund and aims to implement a set of cost-effective actions to reduce flooding and erosion. The project partners are based in Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK
- Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group South West (United Kingdom)
- Devon Wildlife Trust (United Kingdom)
- Brabantse Delta Water Board (Netherlands)
- ZLTO (Southern Dutch Farmer and Horticulturists Organization) (Netherlands)
- Province of Antwerp (Belgium)
- Inagro (Belgium)
- ABC Eco² (Belgium)
- Province of East Flanders (Belgium)
- Vegetable research centre East Flanders (Belgium)
- The Flemish Environment Agency (Belgium)
Aims & objectives:
- Implement a set of cost-effective, innovative actions to reduce flooding.
- Develop a new participative approach to problem solving and implementation with landowners.
- Implementation of upstream water retention and erosion control measures to reduce flooding and associated issues further downstream.
- Implementation and demonstration of water retention features and erosion control measures, and method developed to build knowledge capacity and effective implementation.
- An enhanced knowledge base will stimulate application of principles elsewhere.